7TH GRADE 2nd TERM 1st ENGLISH WRITTEN EXAM
NAME & SURNAME: NUMBER: CLASS:
1. Keloğlan, Cindrella and Gulliver’s Travels are ___________.
2. People called Ruşen Ali “Köroğlu” because his father was a ___________ man.
3. Mehmet Akif Ersoy was a famous Turkish ___________.
4. I went to a
and saw strange cars, different clothes and machines. ___________ Museum
5. Beethoven wrote music. He was a German ___________.
B-Fill in the blanks with the past forms of the verbs.(5x2=10p)
- My father ___________ his car last week.(repair)
- He__________________his bike yesterday. (not/ride)
- ___________ she ___________ to the dentist last week ? (go)
- I ___________ guitar yesterday (play)
- He was tired because he___________ car (drive)
C. Read the text and write TRUE(T) or FALSE(F) .(5x3=15p)
Airplane: The Wright brothers were great inventors. They invented the airplane in 1903. They called their airplane the 1903 Flyer.
Television: John Logie Baird invented the television. He used a very small screen for the first television in 1926. People first watched the television his small laboratory in
Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone on March 10, 1876. That day, he first talked to his assistant, Thomas Watson, on the phone. Later in
, he introduced the telephone to
the world. Philadelphia
1. Wright brothers invented the airplane in 1926. ______
2. Wright brothers airplane’s name was 1903 Flyer _____
3. People first watched the television in John Logie Baird’s laboratory in London. _____
4. Alexander Graham Bell invented the first ship. _____
5. Graham Bell first talked his brother on the phone. ____
D-Complete with ‘ yesterday, last, ago, in’(4x2=8p)
1. Many many years __________ there was a bad man in Bolu.
2. ___________ was very sunny so we went to picnic.
3. We were at the cinema _________ weekend.
4. I was born _________ 1996.
1. I ______my arm yesterday
2.It ___very hot today but it _____very cold yesterday.
a) can/was b) isn't/ isn't
c) is/was d) was/didn't
3.A: ......... did you watch last night?
B: I watched a documentry film.
a) How c) What
b) Where d) When
4.Mike wasn’t at school .......
a)tomorrow b) once a week
c)last week d) next week
5. I want ……………… a kilo of tomatoes.
a) buy b) buying c) to buy d) bought
6. Kerem: Where __________ you yesterday?
Cansu: I __________ at school.
a)are /was b) were /was
c)are /am d) was /were
Edison _____________ the light bulb.
a) invent b) invented
c) discover d) discovered
10.Popeye ………eating spinach to hamburger.
11.Tom&Jerry is a ………
a) news b)cartoon c) series d) documentary
12.Ali and Ayşe …… 6-C last year but they ….. 7-C this year.
a) was / were b) were / are
c) is / are d) were / is
13.Deniz didn’t ............ television last night. he................. his exam.
a) watched / studied b)watch / study
c)watch / studied d) watched / study
14. A: ………………was Atatürk born?
B: He was born in 1881 .
A) Where C) When
B) Who D) Why
15.Pablo Picasso was an ………………………. .
A) scientist B) artist
C) composer D) nurse
16.What was the date yesterday?
A) It’s Thursday.
B) It was Thursday.
C) It’s Friday.
D) It was Friday
E. Choose the past form of the verbs.(2x2=4p)
a. buyed b. buying c. bought d. brought
a. says b.said c. seid d sought